To keep good brain health our diet is very important. Food which is rich in nutrients and eating at the right time is important to build concentration, memory power, and other vital functions of the brain.
Here are five food items to include in your diet:
1. Whole grains are rich in fiber and fiber is important for maintaining a healthy brain. It is also a good source of Vitamin E. They can help control blood pressure and also reduce stress. You have Whole grain such as brown rice, barley, wheat, oatmeal, whole grain bread & whole-grain pasta, etc. Eating these will improve brain health.
2. Broccoli is rich in Vitamin K. Vitamin K enhances improves cognitive functions like memory, attention, language, problem-solving, etc. It also improves brainpower. Broccoli also contains nutrients that protect the brain from damage.
3. Oily fish are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. They are important for sharpening memory and improving mood. Some good examples of fatty fish are salmon, sardines, mackerel, tuna & herring. These are very good for the brain.
4. Nuts like walnuts and almonds have healthy fats and antioxidants that are beneficial for brain health. They also contain Vitamin E that helps prevent the decline of cognitive function, which occurs in old age. Walnuts are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which can help in improving your mental magnitude. Cashews and sunflower seeds boost serotonin levels and reduce stress.
5. Pumpkin Seeds have antioxidants that protect the body and brain from damage. They are also rich in minerals like copper, iron, and magnesium. It is also a great source of zinc that can help enhance memory and thinking skills. Start including these foods in your diet to enhance your brain function and overall health.